The New Saints U19 4-2 GAP Connahs Quay U19

After getting their defence of the Welsh Premier Development League title off to a winning start with a 1-0 away win over Airbus UK Broughton the previous week, The New Saints Under 19 team made it two wins out of two with a 4-2 home win over Gap Connahs Quay Under 19 at Park Hall Stadium on Sunday.
Nomads took the lead in the 25th minute when Saints keeper Andy Wycherley attempted to play the ball out but only found Josh Jones, who took a touch before chipping Wycherley from 25 yards.
Saints equalised in the 32nd minute when Ryan Kershaw picked the ball up some 25 yards out and took a few paces forward before having his right foot shot fumbled by Nomads keeper Jordan Manley with the ball running towards and over the line before the following-up Tom Ash could reach it.
It was 2-1 to The Saints in the 36th minute when Fisnik Hadjari fed Harrison Millington on the right who cut in before crossing to the far post where Dylan Jones fired a superb left foot shot from inside the left of the six yard box into Manley’s left hand corner.
Just 69 seconds later (in the 37th minute), it was 3-1 when Millington fed Ash on the right who beat Jack Riley, before firing a low right foot shot from 20 yards into Manley’s right hand corner.
Nomads pulled a goal back in the 78th minute when Ben Forshaw’s corner from the right was touched on by Josh Rimmer to sub Tom Bibby who crashed home from the edge of the six yard box.
It was 4-2 in the 84th minute amid huge controversy when Hadjari’s through ball found Ben Richards who was flagged offside and with the ball running through to keeper Manley, referee Steve Wilday shouted advantage to keep the play running.  However, the keeper’s throw out went straight to Richards who ran through and rounded Manley before tucking home.  Furious protests by Nomads players and management followed and after the referee consulted his assistant, the goal stood and Saints ran out 4-2 winners.

Match report by David Figg.