The New Saints Community Foundation is looking for a talented and inspiring individual to join their team. You will be dynamic, forward-thinking and always motivated to bring out the best in children and young people within a number of different community settings.
You will have youth and family work experience but also be confident in leading and assisting in sports activities where required:
- Assess the needs of young people during sessions, and plan and deliver programs with the support of the community foundation officer/coordinator related to areas such as health, fitness, smoking, drugs, gangs, violence, relationships and bullying.
- Regularly monitor and review sessions with the community foundation coordinator.
- Run arts-based activities, community activity sessions, outdoor education and sporting activities – particularly focused on increasing participation and activity levels in under-represented groups including girls; people with disabilities and ethnic minorities.
- Provide sport and art-based activity sessions for young people and families in different settings, including outreach work.
- Mentor, coach and support individuals and encourage greater social inclusion.
- Work in partnership with professionals from other organizations that support young people such as social care, children’s services, health, police, education, youth offending teams and local authorities.
- Attend regular training and development opportunities to develop skills and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of safeguarding, health and safety and local policy developments.
- Undertake administrative tasks, maintain effective recording systems and respond to queries.
- Assist in the cover of other activities that the Foundation runs such as holiday clubs, after-school multi-sports and disability activities and sport.
- Hold relevant and up to date qualifications in both youth/families’ work, activity leadership and sports coaching (desirable).
- DBS, safeguarding and first aid trained.
- Have at least 12-month experience within a similar role.
- Car driver.
- A strong commitment to children and young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives.
- The ability to provide reliable support to young people in times of stress and act with integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with young people.
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility.
- A sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things.
- The ability to treat young people’s concerns with respect, tact and sensitivity, while being aware of the limits that are required by confidentiality and the boundaries that govern the youth/youth worker relationship.
- A great deal of resilience.
- Uniform provided
- Discounted staff meals
- £10 per hour dependent on experience
- 10 hours per week initially on a 12 month contract
- Mileage expenses
- Free Gym Membership
- 10% discount off our facilities including food, beverage and bowling