Academy Round Up

The TNS Under 19’s thrashed Penrhyn-coch 12-0 yesterday thanks to goals from Jamie Hands, Jordan Wells, Liam Walker, Harvey Holmes, Sam Prince, Taylor James, a brace from Rhys Cooper and a wonderful hat-trick from Ben Richards.

Steve Evans’ side went into the half time break leading 6-0 thanks and after the game, Evans was really pleased with his team, ‘It was a one sided affair from the start until the finish. We dominated every aspect of the game and the lads were totally professional throughout the match, which was very pleasing.’

The winning team was made up of Ryan Edkins, Liam. Edwards, Adam Davies, Ollie. Beaman, Jordan Wells, Ryan Pryce, Rhys Cooper, Jamie Hands, Taylor James, Ben Richards and Liam Walker.

On the bench were Harvey Holmes, George Mitten and Sam Prince.


The TNS Under 16’s were also in action against Newtown and they also won 12-0. Lewis Evans and Sam Gostage scored four goals each with Nash Mwamuka, George Minshall, Ayman Sekkouti and Matt Perry adding the others.

The full team line up was Andy Wycherley, Lee Killen, Jack Perry, Ryan Tyrer, Matt Williams, Harrison Millington, Joe Walsh, Nash Mwamuka, Sam Gostage, Lewis Evans and George Minshall.

On the bench were Antoni Sarnowski, Ayman Sekkouti and Iwan Webster.

Steve Benyon was delighted with his side and said, ‘It was really pleasing to see the boys able to play on a difficult pitch. Although the score line seems flattering, the boys at times were wasteful in front of goal. Overall it was a positive performance.’

The next fixture is against Bristol Rovers on Saturday. The match will kick off at 11.00 am.


The TNS Under 14’s beat Newtown 5-2 thanks to a hat-trick from Ross Hardy and a brace from Zak Dobie.


The TNS lads played really well and moved the ball around quickly. Steve Monk’s side raced into a three nil lead and went into half time leading four one. The Young Saints pushed forward in the second half and the Newtown goalkeeper pulled off a string of great saves to deny them. The Saints added another late on and with only five minutes left, Newtown added a consolation.


Steve Monk was happy after the game and said, ‘The lads played some excellent football today and they fully deserved the win. They were disappointed after the Nomads game and wanted to get back to winning ways today. They have been working really hard in training and it paid off today.’
The TNS squad was made up of Matt Williams, Aron Jones, Taps Kamutasa, Jamie Monk, Lucas Robert, Scott Williams, Zak Dobie, Rob Reynolds, Ricky Williams, Ross Hardy, James Lloyd, Osian Morris, Sam Postle, Alex Rowlands and Ifan Roberts.
The TNS U13’s beat Prestatyn Town 3-2 thanks to goal from Darren Evans and a brace from Jordan Tipping.
The team was Lewis Dutton, James Parry, Tom Halliday, Haci Ozlu, Robbie Williams, James Gregory Cork, Sam Jones, Zac Davies, Jack Vale, Jordan Tipping and Darren Evans.

On the bench were Mikey Evans, Ben Pritchard and Owen Platt.

Jason Brindley was pleased with his players and said, ‘I am really happy with the performance of the team, both individually and collectively. The team worked hard for each other and controlled the majority of the game, with some great passing and link up play. We would of liked to of been a little bit more clinical in front of goal and put the game to bed a little earlier but that’s something we can work on in the coming weeks. Overall the standard and attitude of the lads was quality.’

The TNS Under 12’s won their first of game of the season against Newtown and comfortably ran out 7-2 winners after goals from Callum Evans, Cameron James, Max Kulibda as well as braces from Tai Jones and Isaac Dawson.
The TNS team was made up of Alex Clarke, Cameron James, Ryan McVeagh, Keane Marks, Daniel Sumner, Isaac Dawson, Max Kulbida, Toby Roberts, Liam Davies, Thomas Roberts-Lyon and Tai Jones.

The substitutes were Robert Johnson, Callum Evans, Mackenzie Wadeson, Daniel Davies, Keane Marks and Owen Cartwright.

TNS were leading 3-0 at half time and despite Newtown pulling two goals back in a short space of time, Callum Williams’ side pulled away again and scored their seventh with only minutes remaining to ensure an emphatic 7-2 victory for The Saints.