Academy Round Up

The TNS U13s lost 3-1 to Airbus UK.

The Saints took the lead after only seven minutes thanks to Jordan Tipping after some excellent work by Harry Bower down the right hand side and Tipping made no mistake from close range.

However, the visitors levelled the match in the 37th minute before taking the lead in the 65th minute of the match.

Airbus UK also scored the final goal of the game five minutes after to secure a three one victory.

Jason Brindley was disappointed with the result and said, ‘We never turned up and Airbus were first to every ball. We struggled to deal with their playmaker in the middle of the park and were punished by it. We’ve been on a good run of late but perhaps we needed this to bring us back down to earth. The team have been doing really well both individually and collectively recently, but this shows we have to strive to work even harder if these boys want to reach their potential.’

The team consisted of Lewis Dutton, Luke Sussex, Ben Pritchard, Haci Ozlu, Zac Davies, James Gregory-Cork, Sam Jones, Liam Ihekwoaba, Harry Bower, Jack Vale, Jordan Tipping, Mikey Evans,  Owen Platt,  James Parry, Tom Halliday and Tomos Williams.


The TNS Under 11’s beat the Jubilee Dragons 14-0.

A hat-trick from Luke Wicks added to braces from Ben Buley, James Burrows, Spencer Parrish, Louie Millington, Morgan Daykin and a solitary goal from Matt Tunnadine.

Mark Evans said, ‘The game was played in very cold wet conditions, but turned out to be a worthwhile exercise.  The end result was a little one sided, but it was great to have Max Hughes back playing after missing the last five weeks with an injury.’

The TNS squad consisted of Ben Buley, Max Hughes, James Burrows, Matt Tunnadine, David Williams, Liam Rawlings, Spencer Parrish, Louie Millington, Morgan Daykin, Luke Wicks and Jac Scott.

The New Saints Under 9’s were beaten 6-5 by the Jubilee Dragons.

The Saints took the lead through Ed Moore after some good work down the right by Jac Herbert.

TNS, who were dominating the encounter then added another two goals thanks to Adam Tunnadine, and Herbert, to give them a three one lead.

As the weather took a turn for the worse, the visitors started to make their way back into the game but the Young Saints added another goal through Connor Thomas to give them a four three lead.

After the Saints lost Ryan Chorlton-Wilcox to injury and the severe weather, the match was level with Herbert adding another excellent goal.

However, the Dragons had the last laugh and won the game at the death.

Full time: TNS Under9’s 5-6 Jubilee Dragons.

Tim Allen was a happy with the improvement and said, ‘This was a good improvement from the previous week but the boys still have work to do on keeping possession and progressing the ball up the pitch.’