TNS Under 19's lose in NEWFA Final

The New Saints Under 19 team’s hopes of retaining the North East Wales FA U19 Cup were dashed as they lost 0-2 to Airbus UK Broughton in the final at a very wet Brickfield Rangers FC ground on Friday night.
It was perhaps one game too far for Steve Evans’ side as, after winning the Shropshire Colleges County Cup on Tuesday and playing in a competitive tournament at Walford and North Shropshire College on Thursday and Friday with virtually the same squad on show against Airbus, the players unsurprisingly looked tired and jaded as they completed their hectic end to the season.
The first chance came Airbus’ way in the 5th minute when Henry Carver ran down the right and into the box before having his low right foot shot saved by Saints keeper Stewart Evans.
The Wingmakers went close again in the 22nd minute when Myles Hart’s free kick from 35 yards was well palmed past his right hand post by Evans for a corner.
Then at the same end a minute later, Carver’s low left foot shot from 30 yards was superbly turned past his left hand post by Evans for a corner.
Saints’ first chance of note came in the 27th minute when sub Harrison Millington (on for the injured Ryan Pryce a minute earlier) turned his man outside the box before having his low right foot shot from inside the box fingertipped into the the side netting at his left hand post by Airbus keeper Ollie Parker.
Then at the other end in the 37th minute, the lively Carver ran down the right and into the right of the box before having his right foot shot saved at his left hand post by Evans.
Saints suffered a further blow when the injured Conor Rogers was replaced by Liam Walker.
Saints went close to breaking the deadlock in the 43rd minute when Dylan Jones’ right foot shot with the outside of his boot from 23 yards was somehow fumbled onto the roof of the net by Parker for a corner and from Ryan Kershaw’s flag kick on the right, Parker pushed the ball over the bar for another corner.
The first serious chance of the second half came Airbus’ way in the 51st minute when Aaron Hassall’s corner from the right was only half cleared by the Saints defence to Josh Maldon, whose right foot shot from 25 yards was brilliantly tipped away to his right by Evans.
Then at the same end in the 59th minute, Airbus went even closer when Hassall’s throw in from the left found Hart who touched the ball on to Carver who cleverly backheeled it to Connor Littler, whose right foot shot from the edge of the box hit the outside of Evans’ right hand post and went for a goal kick.
The deadlock was finally broken in the 66th minute when Carver won the ball in midfield and fed Noah Edwards wide on the right who cut the ball back across to Hassall who laid it back for Hart to send an exquisite right foot shot with the outside of his boot from 30 yards over Evans and into the net for a stunning strike.

Just 2 minute later, it was 2-0 when Hassall laid the ball back from the left outside the box to Carver whose low right foot shoot from the edge of the box was only half stopped by Evans and the ball slipped through his fingers into his left hand corner.  it was the only blemish in an otherwise solid performance by the keeper who had earlier made at least 3 excellent saves to keep his side level at 0-0.
Saints were unlucky not to pull a goal back in the 87th minute when Rhys Cooper’s low left foot drive from some 35 yards out on the left took a deflection before the ball came back off Parker’s left hand post before being cleared.
This may have been a game too far for Steve Evans’ side in their hectic end of season schedule but with having won the Welsh Premier Under 19 League and reached the FAW Welsh Youth Cup Final (losing to a very good Swansea City side) before lifting the Shropshire Colleges County Cup, Evans and his assistant Gordon Evans and all the players can be very proud indeed of what they have achieved.
Airbus: Ollie Parker, Noah Edwards, Lee Emberton, Dylan Thompson, Richard Tomassen, Myles Hart, Josh Maldon, Connor Littler, Henry Carver, Kris Turner, Aaron Hassall.
Subs: Tom Davies (not used), Jared Jones (for Carver 89), Liam Hughes (for Turner 89), Josh Place (Edwards 90).
TNS: Stewart Evans, Ryan Pryce, Jordan Wells, Ryan Kershaw, Rhys Cooper, Fisnik Hadjari, Taylor James, James Jones, Conor Rogers, Luke Douglas, Dylan Jones.  Subs: Greg Fletcher (GK) (not used), Ben Richards (for Walker 75), Mark Murch (not used), Harrison Millington (for Pryce 26), Liam Walker (for Rogers 39). 
Written by David Figg.