Airbus Edge Five Goal Thriller

In what was a dress rehearsal for the upcoming JD FAW Welsh Cup Final, Airbus UK edged a five goal thriller in the Dafabet Welsh Premier League as TNS lost out by three goals to two at the Hollingsworth Group Stadium.

Despite a wonderful strike from Ryan Edwards and a slick finish from Chris Seargeant, a Chris Budrys brace coupled with a James Murphy goal won the game for Airbus.

Budrys opened the scoring in the 17th minute when TNS failed to clear from a corner after an even start to the match.

The Saints pushed forward in search of an equaliser but were caught on the counter attack. Airbus broke and Budrys tapped in from close range to double the lead.

However, Ryan Edwards’ wonderful goal got TNS back into game minutes later. The energetic midfielder found space on the edge of the box and picked out the top corner to reduce the deficit.

Ryan Pryce then shot into the side netting from a tight angle before Budrys missed out on an opportunity for a first half hat-trick when he failed to connect with the ball in the box.

The second half started with Airbus once again restoring their two goal advantage. James Murphy managed to beat Chris Mullock before Craig Harrison made a triple substitution.

Harrison sent on Mike Wilde, Greg Draper and the recently recalled Robbie Parry and within minutes the substitutes made the difference. After good play down the right, Wilde crossed for Seargeant who calmly slotted in from six yards out to put The Saints back in the game.

With ten minutes left to play, Mullock produced a magnificent point blank save to deny Tony Gray who had looked destined to score.

However, TNS were unable to find an equaliser despite a whole load of pressure on the Airbus goal.


Full time: Airbus UK 3-2 TNS.


TNS: Mullock, Spender, Baker (C), Pryce, Rawlinson (Wilde 60), K.Edwards, Seargeant, A.Edwards, Brobbel, Quigley (Draper 60) and Cieslewicz (Parry).

The unused substitutes were Wycherley, A.Edwards and Williams.