UEFA’s Grassroots Week initiative took place across Europe this week (September 23-30 2017). Part of the European Commission’s push primarily to get boys and girls of all ages participating in football at grassroots level, TNS’ Foundation was fully involved.
UEFA donated twenty Adidas footballs and twenty Grassroots Week t-shirts and we are very grateful for the contribution.
We caught up with the Foundation’s Kieran Lee-Birch, who filled us in on the intensity of what happened in our small corner of the UEFA vineyard:
- A Development Centre for all abilities (7-12 years)
- Two Mini Saints sessions for all abilities (4-7 years)
- Girls Hub for all abilities (7-12 years)
- Schools Grassroots Football League for local school children (years 5 and 6)
- Walking Football session for all abilities (40 years+)
- Several after-school football clubs at Chirk Primary School and Moreton Hall School
“We have really enjoyed participating in UEFA’s Grassroots Week initiative” Kieran enthused, as he went on to add: “We have reached out to more than two-hundred people, with an age range from four to seventy-eight! We look forward to continuing and growing our Grassroots programme with as many partners as possible.”
To find out more about the work of TNS Foundation, contact: Gill.Jones@tnsfc.co.uk