Part-time Academy Scout (Incentivised)
With our Academy developing, in terms of the infrastructure, we are now looking to develop a Talent ID department to enable us to discover players that may enhance the standard within our existing Academy. There are a number of spaces open in selected age groups and a number of scouts already in place helping to add to that. Please note that preference will be given to candidates who live in the following areas: Shropshire, Cheshire, Wrexham and North Wales.
Scouting part-time for TNS will entail:
– Observing grassroots fixtures and identifying talented individuals with the potential to play for the Academy.
-Liaising with the Head of Coaching/Head of Recruitment to schedule and record scouting activity.
– Submitting scout reports using the Academy’s scout-report template.
– Building a network of contacts in order to receive player recommendations.
– Adherence to Academy safeguarding and welfare policies.
– Liaising with Lead Phase coaches in regard to Academy squad composition.
We would like our scouts to be able to:
– Demonstrate an eye for talent in discovering players of Academy standard.
– Take initiative in planning their own scouting schedules.
– Build successful networks of well-positioned people within the grassroots game.
– Take the time to develop themselves through CPD and to understand how our Academy operates.
How will you be paid?
Our part-time scouts will operate within a performance-based incentivised pay scheme with a fee paid on any signed Academy players, plus a further retainer fee paid every season.
How can you apply?
All interested parties should send an email titled ‘Part-Time Scout: Application’ with their CV and a brief covering letter, detailing any previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by no later than Friday 1st November.